Wednesday, May 13, 2009

i'm on a roll.... no self control...




went to the dentist today at 11.30am this morning after 2 days of antibiotics and pain killer.
was speaking to the dr and told her how i'm feeing (pretty good) and she said...'thats good'...
so she said.. lets go to an x-ray, bla bla bla... done the xray n she said.. so what do u wanna do?
she explained that you could do the surgery now or take more antibiotics and let the pain go away and you can consider my options from then onwards..
well.... being in pain for about 3-4 days already, my initial reacting was to 'take it out dr'.... but the was another side of me which says 'man... i can here for a diagnosis... not a surgery'...
so... long story short, she explained the procedures....
1. cut gum.
2. cut a bit of the bone.
3. chisel a bit of the tooth...
4. pull it out..
simple hey? sounded pretty ok to me then... so i decided...' lets cut it open dr'...
so she gave me 2 jabs... one on the inner side of the gum and the other one on the outer side...
while waiting for the numbness to settle in, i manage to update my fb status and felt the comfort reading comments and rubbish my friends have wrote to me..
so she came... cut the gum... .. n then tried pulling it out... but to her dissappointment... it would remain inside the gum...
so she continued to cut the gum and cut part of the gum bone(gum bone??) to expose more of the tooth..... thats when i started feeling a little pain because of the local anesthetic wearing off.....'dr... i'm feeling a slight pain'.... no problem... so she took the needle... jab it in again... n to my relief... no more pain....
the process of chiselling, cutting and exposing the tooth went on for a good 45min or so... and guess what???
dr, i'm feeling a lil pain again............ not a problem... another jab of local anesthetic so sooth my pain..
well.. eventually it came out... it probably doesn't sound as bad as how i felt ... but all n all ... i didn't regret taking it out....
so finally its out.. after maybe 1.5 hours... and 2 stiches... i'm one tooth-less .... 89.8 kg....
click to view the best song to listen to before visting a dentist....



4 comments:

stephers said...

*pat on the back*

You're so brave!! I HATE going to the dentist! >.<

Eddie Lee said...

man!! Bro, Jenny always get good song for her photo slide, and you too get a good song to match your "tooth" and "Breath"!!!! LOL !!! Bravo!!!!!!!!

jk said...

my breathe is good.... hahahahaah

Eddie Lee said...

let me confirm that with jenny ya!!!!