Thursday, November 27, 2008

accidents have no smell...

recently i had a car crash.. my first ever... i can't believe this is actually the first one that i've had considering how i drive....

on a serious note.... the crash was mainly due to human error... i have to say, i dont know what i was doing while i was driving... i think, I THINK i was thinking too much about some work related stufff...

but anyhow, i'd like to share with you guys on tips on what-to-do when u've experienced something like that.....

in my situation....
1. turn on the hazard lights...
2. park at the side of the road....
3. determine if the car is still driveable or not... how?? check for steam and funny sound.
4. call your insurance guy....
5. speak with the 'victim'..... and apologise and give options.
6. take some photos
7. options are..... to settle, no police report, you pay him/her the damage..... or if its a big case like mine.... report police... get a 300RM fine...
8. lastly... lastly... tell mom... coz it doesn't help if u have someone screaming on the other end of the tele and yelling at you....


in my case, i was driving approx. 50km/h... crashed into the lady in-front of me... who was pregnant, (maybe 10weeks or so)....

photos refer fb..

since my car my car is old (more than 5 yrs old), i think u might have to pay 35% of the repair cost...... just had a call from USJ car express that it cost 15k to repair with all new parts...
but if u r gonna repair it with old parts, no cost.....

geez... 15k?? my car is only 20+k right now...

2 comments:

stephers said...

Malang memang tidak berbau...

Anyways, glad you're OK. The car is fixable and I hope the pregnant lady is OK too.

Thanks for the tips. In all honesty, I'd prob freak and call my Dad 1st.

Unknown said...

Great! Thanks for sharing the information.
evaair
jetstar pacific